Barely 24 hours after an grownup male elephant was electrocuted in north Bengal, a second one died the identical manner on Wednesday at Khunia forest vary in the Nagrakata police station space of the Jalpaiguri district.
This is the fourth incident reported from the Dooars area in lower than two months.
Two of those 4 elephants touched cables that had been linked illegally to excessive rigidity overhead wires by native villagers. They lay these cables on the bottom to drive away animals from farmland.
On Wednesday morning, a 25-year-old male elephant was discovered useless at Bamandanga tea property space. Forest officers said the elephant touched a low mendacity wire and never a cable positioned by villagers to avoid wasting vegetation. They described the incident as a deadly consequence of negligence by those that put in the ability provide system at that spot.
A 15-year-old tusker was discovered useless on Tuesday on a small patch of land close to a home at Ramjhora tea property in Birpara police station space. It touched an illegally powered cable.
Nisha Goswami, divisional forest officer at Gorumara, said “a low lying electric cable killed the pachyderm on Wednesday.”
Latiful Islam, an area panchayat member, said “The elephant must have entered the village to eat jack fruit and got electrocuted.”
The last two incidents had been reported at Buxa tiger Reserve forest and Madarihat close to Jaldapara National Park on June 16 and June 24 respectively.